Thank you for being a North Shore Healthcare Hero — for rallying around Beverly and Addison Gilbert Hospital caregivers at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and joining in the ongoing effort to keep our community safe.
You came out in droves to support our hospitals’ Healthcare Heroes, the frontline workers who went above and beyond to care for our community, in the face of many personal sacrifices.
Together, you have given more than 1,000 gifts of cash and other forms of support, many accompanied by notes of thanks and encouragement to our colleagues. You helped us prepare and respond. Now, you continue to support our colleagues who bravely face what has been described as the greatest public health crisis of the century, impacting every person throughout the world and also hitting hard right here, close to home.
Because of you, our hospitals were able to swiftly invest in effective measures to keep our patients, our colleagues, and our community safe and cared for, including:
• Funding digital communications screens at nursing stations throughout our hospitals to help keep clinicians informed in real-time of rapidly changing clinical practices designed to help colleagues work safely
• Creating the Healthcare Heroes Assistance Fund to support colleagues experiencing financial distress due to the pandemic
• Supporting Peaceful Places at our hospital campuses for colleagues on the frontlines to take a moment of their day to care for themselves so they can better care for our patients
• Distributing special treats including trail mix baggies and hosting Apple Crisp Day
• Stocking our self-care carts that travel the hospital with healthy snacks to fuel our dedicated teams
• Providing additional and necessary PPE
• Launching a separate and safe outdoor, heated testing area
• Making physical changes to our facilities to keep patients and colleagues safe
• Providing interim housing for frontline workers to prevent cross-contamination between the hospital and their homes and loved ones
In late October, we distributed checks, funded through donations to our Healthcare Heroes Fund, to those who were instrumental in helping us care for our patients and communities during the first wave of the pandemic. For the many ways you have helped us respond, thank you.
“Our hospital leaders join our community in extending our deepest gratitude to our frontline workers for all that they have done and will continue to do to make Beverly and Addison Gilbert Hospitals the best place to receive care on the North Shore and Cape Ann,” said hospital president Phil Cormier.
On behalf of our health care heroes and patients, please accept our sincerest thanks for your generous support. You help make us stronger!